cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Files Fail to Play-back

Force render issues (raw=1) and shared links won't work for hosting.

aRealHumanBartender
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

images were perfect on all browsers until yesterday afternoon - what is the fix or is this a dropbox issue?

117 Replies 117

joris666
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi....

A very strange behaviour....

When i made a weblink of an image in dropbox (right- click,add image in new tab) it's a different link than a collegue did.

Have a look at the attachment...

It's the same map,image....

Is this somewhere a setting in Dropbox that changes creating a weblink?

dropboxissue.png

Greenlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No fix yet. All my shared images are still broken today.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

There seems to have been a change to how links are created/shown over the past few days, yes. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Greenlaw wrote:

No fix yet. All my shared images are still broken today.

It seems to be an intentional change on shared links - based upon the fact that the links themselves work when not on a web page. I would not expect Dropbox to change this - they didnt last time. 

You would be better off looking at moving to, and using, a proper webhost.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

deco10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Suddenly it doesn't work again.. What's going on Dropbox??

The new url doesnt work but the old way is working(i have to xml files, one with old sharing format and the other one that has the new sharing format..

old: https://www.dropbox.com/s/random_string/test.xml?raw=1

new: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/RANDOM_STRING/FILENAME.xml?rlkey=RANDOM_STRING_for_rlkey&raw=1

and i cannot create the old url format on the main xml(filename.xml) because its only giving me the new sharing format, or is it a way to create the "old"  way?

Tested both url:s in chrome and edge got this result:

old: https://www.dropbox.com/s/random_string/test.xml?raw=1

will redirct to a longer url

https://uc9d29123.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/inline/random_string/file#

Test with new sharing url gives the same result, it redirects but in the new redirected page its without the hastag after the text "file"..so something like this:

https://uc9d29123.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/inline/random_string/file

Im not sure if that`s the case but thats the only difference that i can notice..

Just to see if the content in filename.xml is OK i copied all the content from main xml into into the old shared format test.xml, this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/random_string/test.xml?raw=1

it works fine from here, therefor nothing wrong in the content in the filename.xml.

Also tried to create a new one xml, gives me of course the new format, same error. New shared format doesnt work..

@tahjdbx @lisadbx @Hannah could you please fix this?

Mystro
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes there is a problem again for safari and google.  [img] raw=1 [/img] no longer auto renders pics any more.  We had no issue for months and now customers and forums wont auto render pics via Dropbox files????     We need to get this again worked out. 

Greenlaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hmm...this is unfortunate, if true.

I've been a long-time subscriber to Dropbox for many reasons, and this was one important one. I don't really want to shop around for another cloud storage service yet but I may have to consider doing so if this is the case.

Can anyone from Dropbox please verify or explain the reason the shared image links suddenly broke without warning yesterday? Thanks!

dbwiddis
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Happened to me a week ago in some browsers but not others.  The redirect is the root cause. 

To fix, change the www at the start of the link to dl.

For example: www.dropbox…. becomes dl.dropbox…

Rossorio
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'll have to find an alternative, thank you so much ❤️

Steve Raven
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm running a couple of WordPress websites and using the FV Flowplayer plugin to show off my Dropbox videos.

I'm doing all of the usual edits, eg re-naming the end of the Dropbox file from dl=0 to raw=1 which was working fine up until a couple of days ago.

Since then, I get an error message: html5: Video not found: and regardless of how many times I refresh the websites' cache or indeed perform a 'Clear Browsing Data' on Chrome and Firefox (or a hard refresh with ctrl+f5), the error message remains.

How can the error message be fixed?

tia

Regards,

Steve Raven

Need more support?