cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today, Epson Connect can't transfer to Dropbox

Connection with Epson Printer just randomly stopped

AST2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

Just out of nowhere when we scan from our epson printers (we have two) it no longer writes to drop box. See error message email below;

AST2_0-1714688483142.png

I have already carried out the follow trouble shooting;

* Network and internet all working fine

* Have scanned direct to Drop box from my Phone. All fine. Proves nothing wrong with account.

* Have logged into Epson Connect Web page and "edited" cloud connections.

* Established a brand new "scan to cloud" destination on Epson Connect. That did not work.

So annoying that something is working fine and then it just drops out !!!!!

79 Replies 79

EddiePFL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just adding to this list.  I'm having the same problem as everyone else.  Worked fine on 4/30, but stopped working on 5/1.  I'm having no problem scanning/connecting to Google Drive.  Tried everything that others have mentioned.  Dropbox support said that it's not their problem. I spent an hour with Epson support, who took their time and tried everything, but concluded that it's an issue with Dropbox.  Went back to Dropbox support, and they again told me that it's not a Dropbox problem.  It's extremely frustrating.  

'- -.4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Today, my Epson Connect can't seem to transfer to Dropbox. It worked yesterday. The big change today was Xfinity sent me a new router/modem, but I connect it with the same SSID and password. Scans to Evernote are working fine, as well as scans to E-mail.

I tried disconnecting Epson Connect from Dropbox, and also deleting it from Epson Connect, and then reconnecting them. Didn't work. The only thing else I can think of is disconnecting for a little while longer, and turning the printer off overnight.

I wanted to see if others are having a problem. I did not have this problem yesterday.

Sebastian Wittig
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having the same issue since May. Worked fine for years. Recreated everything but same issue.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

There have been a few people mentioning Epson (and Brother) issues recently. 

It seems like they've done some tweaks/updates which have broken things. I suggest speaking to them as the issue seems to be software related. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

cstar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've got the same issue and need advice on how to sort it out.  It makes dropbox much less useful if I can't upload scans

rsr0813
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I also have the same problem. I have two printer/scaners connected to Dropbox from different locations. Both are not working.

rsr0813
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I recommend the following:
a) It's in the best interest of Dropbox to engage directly with Epson and Brother to resolve this integration issue. Given that multiple users are experiencing similar problems with Dropbox integration across different printer brands, collaboration between Dropbox and these companies would likely lead to a faster and more effective solution.

b) As a workaround, I've successfully resolved the issue by utilizing ONEDRIVE and GOOGLE DRIVE to open folders, which have been functioning smoothly for me.

c) I look forward to hearing from Dropbox as soon as this issue is resolved. It's important for users to stay updated on progress and eventual solutions to ensure a seamless printing and file management experience.

danpelo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Amen to that… can’t agree more…
In the meantime, I too have successfully connected to OneDrive.

Which makes me think: i have OneDrive included in my Microsoft subscription, and yet i pay extra to have Dropbox. And Dropbox denies that there’s a problem and punts the ball back to Epson. If Dropbox doesn’t take its responsibilities and get its act together quick, i may just cancel my Dropbox subscription and stay with OneDrive…

Food for thought…

AST2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Interestingly just received this email from drop box. I have seen nothing "High Performing" so far. More like a dud.

AST2_0-1714966987784.png

tobox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just another "me too" from Germany. Extremly annoying if something breaks for no reason, when my wife desparately needed to scan important documents.

I tried everything (as other users here) to find errors on my side - without success. I finally changed the scan destination to email. Works so far.

Need more support?