cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sycn issues when moved to DropBox File Provider on Mac

Sycn issues when moved to DropBox File Provider on Mac

ec11
Explorer | Level 3

When I moved from Dropbox as a folder, to the File Provider service on my mac these errors started showing. 

All of these files are on the Mac HD, have never been in my dropbox ... and I don't want them to sync. 

Can someone please advise how to resolve these issues, without the need to give Drop box access to the files. 

thanks in advance. 

ec11_0-1714721066601.png

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ec11 - sorry to hear about your syncing issue.

Could you please let me know what you see when you click on the 'learn more' button as shown in your screenshot?

Also, what is your device's exact OS version and the version and status of the desktop app?

Any additional information is more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ec11
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Walter,

The "learn more" button takes me to this general "help" page https://help.dropbox.com/sync/files-not-syncing where actions seem to assume that I want these files to sync. However they are not files I want to sync with dropbox - or ever recall saving to the old Dropbox folder, and trying to work out each case just isn't worth the effort - I'd really rather just be able to hit a "remove sync" option. 

Additionally, the files that need to have their file name changed are in this Microsoft User Data folder, and appreciating they are sample files only, I don't know why they are tagged to sync as the their upper level folder Sample Automator Workflows isn't showing in Dropbox. 

ec11_0-1714867584416.png

So really, I'd just like to forget sync and remove file from dropbox.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Did you enable the Dropbox Backup feature recently by any chance @ec11 ? Do you see any folders being backed up in your backups page

I'm only asking as I can see in your screenshot that the files that cause the sync issue are located in a subfolder in your Documents folder.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ec11
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the pointer Walter. I'll check. 

Need more support?