cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing is not working

Syncing is not working

mayannetrias
New member | Level 2

Hello since yesterday , my dropbox is not synchronizing correctly. This is really annoying because I am block in my work. 

Is there a problem in dropbox functionnalities. I saw that dropbox had some trouble yesterday. Please help me. 

3 Replies 3

Roga41
Dropbox Staff

Good day. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Indeed, on April 27, there was an issue with Desktop App appearing to be not connected on the internet, thus affecting the syncing process. But it has been resolved the same day as well. You can always check our Dropbox Status site and subscribe so you can get realtime updates if there are going to be scheduled maintenance or any issues going on with Dropbox: https://status.dropbox.com/  . Hope this helps. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Roga41 wrote:

... You can always check our Dropbox Status site and subscribe so you can get realtime updates if there are going to be scheduled maintenance or any issues going on with Dropbox: https://status.dropbox.com/  . ...

Haha..😁

Hi @Roga41,

I cannot resist to ask, do you believe to that? 🧐😀

As far as shown up there Dropbox works almost without any break. Of course, almost everyday something doesn't work and not always just for few hours or day, but for many days! Just one example - for how many days, already, Dropbox Embedder doesn't work? Do you know? And where this is denoted in the status page you link to in your last post? 🤔... Nowhere! 99%, roughly (maybe more), of the Dropbox system breaks are NOT denoted there. There is no any real monitoring system able to catch breaks! The staff decides what/if to include. In the same context what means "any issues going on with Dropbox"?

This is just one advertisement - nothing more. Yes, there is no bad advertisement, but try avoid things that are... almost lay. 🤷

PS: Your colleagues say, as I recall, that "there are major breakages only" (it was their words, or was something like, but the same meaning). What's "major breakage"?! 🤦 What else... when something you use and rely on doesn't work...

Roga41
Dropbox Staff

Hi there. Yes you have a point. What I can also suggest usually if when you subscribe to our Dropbox Status Update it will notify you in advance if there are any scheduled maintenance that is going to happen at a particular day and time so at least, if in case on that same day you are having some issues with your account, you will already know that it has something to do with the update. And usually when there outages going on, the most effective way of resolving the issue is really just to do basic troubleshooting like checking the app for possible new update versions or simply uninstalling and reinstalling the App. And if it still doesn't work, you can always submit a trouble ticket to our Support team by referring on this link : www.dropbox.com/support/email and choose the topic " Dropbox App" . And our team will communicate with you through email within 24 hours. Thank you. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Roga41 Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?