cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked account sending spam emails to contacts to steal information

Hacked account sending spam emails to contacts to steal information

MarcoPaolo
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, my account has been hacked and it is sending scam emails to all my contacts. The emails are sent by a noreply@dropbox email address and say that there is a document shared by me (with my full name) which contains a link to access all my contact’s information (most of them are clients and there s more than a thousand). I can’t get in contact with Dropbox support as I have a personal account. Any suggestion ?
Thank you

12 Replies 12

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear about the situation, @MarcoPaolo

Feel free to log a ticket with our support team with these steps, and send me your ticket number here afterwards. I can leave an internal note for you. 

Let me know when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MarcoPaolo
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Nancy , thank you for your support in this. Appreciated. This is the ticket nr #23648760

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MarcoPaolo, thanks for the details. I've gone ahead and prioritized your ticket to expedite matters on your behalf. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MarcoPaolo
Explorer | Level 4
Hi,
Any update on this ticket ?
Thank you

Mark
Super User II

You can possibly see at www.dropbox.com/support @MarcoPaolo 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MarcoPaolo
Explorer | Level 4
Hi,
I opened this urgent ticket last week (nr 23648760). My account has been hacked and is sending spam emails from a Dropbox address to all my contacts (over a thousand customers). The ticket has been prioritised but I haven’t received an update regarding its resolution. Is the problem solved ? Is there any action required on my side ?
Thank you

Roga41
Dropbox Staff

Hi there,  To check if there are recent updates on your ticket, you can click on this link below to route you to Support Tickets page and you can check if there is a recent communication regarding your issue. Hope this helps

www.dropbox.com/support/ticket/23648760

MarcoPaolo
Explorer | Level 4

hi, in the link you shared i see no track record of the ticket. it brings me to the general support page. can you please explain exactly where and how i can access the records on the support ticket? 
or can you copy paste here the resolution for on it? thank you

MarcoPaolo
Explorer | Level 4

hi Jay, can you please update me on the resolution of this ticket? i cannot find any record of the ticket and i have no visibility over it. thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    MarcoPaolo Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?