cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode switch is missing on the Dropbox website

Dark mode switch is missing on the Dropbox website

mrBeep
Helpful | Level 6

Hello,

could you please add an option to disable Dark mode on Dropbox website? Is highly unusable for my eyesight. My system has dark mode on but most of apps have a switch to enable or disable it regardless system settings.  I prefer some apps with dark mode and some without it. Please add an option to disable this on dropbox. Turning off in system settings is not an option.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @uaknight - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Out of curiosity, could you clear your browser's cache and/or try another browser as well, preferably with no extensions or plugins running and let us know how it goes?

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum, @mrBeep

We appreciate your feedback on this, and I’ve made sure to pass it along to the relevant team, as well. 

For anything else, don’t hesitate to ping me.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mrBeep
Helpful | Level 6

I had to use "Stylebot" extension to change the color intensity of file list. After that change it feels better to use.
This is really disappointing that you can't make a simple switch to feel users comfortable when using dropbox.

esheafe
Helpful | Level 5

Something seems to have changed recently because Dark Mode in browser, seems to have disappeared and i am BLINDED but the bright UI. I can turn on Dark Mode when i go to my settings but it doesn't seem to apply, and anywhere else the option is missing

esheafe_0-1706227883626.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @esheafe - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you please clear your browser's cache and/or try another browser, preferably with no extensions or plugins running, and let us know if you get the same results? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

uaknight
Explorer | Level 4

It's working for me on the settings screen but not on the home page. What I mean is that the Theme option in the profile pic dropdown is missing when I'm on the home page. When I'm on the settings page, it's there. If I click and change the theme then it changes, but only as long as I remain on the settings screen. If I navigate back to the home page, it's still in light mode and no Theme option in the dropdown.

Can you please investigate this?

The issue remains, even if I log out and login again. Even on different computers. Testing with Chrome. I'm on a paid plan.

Regards,
Ulf

NJRMayo
New member | Level 2

I tried all of this as well this morning, after noticing yesterday that the dark mode has vanished from the main page, but activates when I go to settings and the theme option is available, but only while in settings, not on the main page. Something changed yesterday afternoon in eastern time. Please fix! It's so hard to view the site now.

MChat1
Helpful | Level 5

Mine as well.  It was in dark mode and this morning when I opened it, I'm blinded by the light! Wish they'd let us know if this could be fixed, and why does it just do this all on its own??

The Creative Collective
New member | Level 2

Add me to this list. Mine was working just fine earlier yesterday, now the only page that's in dark mode is the settings page. All other pages are blinding white and I also cannot find anywhere to turn dark mode back on (which I have no idea why it turned off in the first place). 

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi, I work on the Dropbox team. Thanks for flagging this bug! We're aware and are working on a solution. Apologies for the disruption.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

simonDBX Dropbox Product Manager
    uaknight Explorer | Level 4
    MChat1 Helpful | Level 5
    NJRMayo New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?