cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic file preview on the right of the page whenever I select a file

Automatic file preview on the right of the page whenever I select a file

rfrazier
Helpful | Level 5

This just started happening yesterday (online interface)... whenever I select a file, a preview pane opens on the right with a preview of the file.  I don't want or need this, especially with image files since I view those by large grid and it's redundant to have the preview.  This preview literally takes up half of the Dropbox interface on my screen.  The kicker is that if I upload a file, once the file is uploaded the file is considered 'selected' so the preview opens then too!

Is there any way to disable this totally unnecessary and obtrusive feature?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DestaniJune
Dropbox Designer

Hello! Thank you @rfrazier for your feedback. To opt out, you can go through the layout filter view and select "Full Screen" in order to opt out. Let me know if that works for you.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.14.18 AM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @rfrazier, thanks for posting here. 

Would you mind sending over a screenshot of this preview pane, so I can have a visual?

I can't see that on my end, by just selecting a file, so just want to see what you're seeing.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rfrazier
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the response.  This is what happens when I select a file.  The selected file is on the left, then the preview opens up on the right.  I used to be able to checkbox a file if I wanted to download it for example, but now whenever the box is checked the preview opens up on the right.  I can still download it, but I don't need a preview to open to do that.

rfrazier_0-1709847207179.png

AW123
Explorer | Level 4

I have this too. It's really, really annoying. 

DestaniJune
Dropbox Designer

Hello! Thank you @rfrazier for your feedback. To opt out, you can go through the layout filter view and select "Full Screen" in order to opt out. Let me know if that works for you.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.14.18 AM.png

rfrazier
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you!  that worked.  Interestingly, when I logged on this morning to try this, when I selected the file I got a 'new feature' pop up telling me what the view was and how to change it.  I wasn't getting that message last week when this first happened.

thanks for the help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rfrazier Helpful | Level 5
    DestaniJune Dropbox Designer
    AW123 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?